Wednesday, October 6, 2010

LITs & CARE - Unite!

Hey this is Courtney and today I am going to talk about our beach cleanup day at Ala Moana Beach Park last week. It might sound boring, but I assure you that it was a lot of fun. We did it for an L.I.T. (Leaders in Training) and C.A.R.E. program field trip. We cleaned up the beach for about half an hour. The weirdest thing that I think we found was a deck of cards that was under a tree protector. We found a lot of napkins and plastic too. Most of the garbage there was from parties. Oh, it was kinda funny Mr.Rob climbed down the rocks and got a plastic box thingy and there was still cookies or some unknown thing inside. After we were done cleaning up, we all played around in the water and hit the volleyball around. Everybody was trying to be a ball hog and float on it and ask where it was, just because they had it.... That was hilarious! I am glad that we cleaned up the beach and I can't wait till we can do something like that again!!!!!! :)
~Courtney N., 7th Grade