Tuesday, August 10, 2010

LIT Jamboree 2010


This past weekend Aliamanu participated in the LIT Jamboree with clubhouses from Oahu, Maui, Kauai and Big Island! Teens from all over the state were invited to Camp Timberline for an overnight field trip to participate in special team building and leadership activities.

Kawehi shared: "When I went to the Jamboree, we did a lot of activities like the high ropes and low ropes. There were a lot of games and I got to meet a lot of people from all of the islands. They were all nice to me and I also met some of my old friends. I loved it!"

Click here to see more photographs from the Jamboree!

LITs from Hawaii will be planning more events in the future to create fundraisers, community service projects and other group activities to promote positive youth bonding among the teens.

~Kawehi C., Aliamanu LIT President, 8th Grade, with Natalie Pawluk Moore