Monday, February 7, 2011

Rain!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's learning to dance in the rain."
To all the parents who greeted soggy, damp children today, I apologize! But if you had seen the pure glee in their faces as they danced in the rain, you would have had a hard time telling them to stop too. True, it's possible that they may catch a cold and they were probably freezing their butts off for the rest of the afternoon, but they were all so happy in the moment that I couldn't resist just taking pictures of them and laughing at their delight.
Days like today remind me that sometimes teens are more insightful than adults and they know how to take advantage of great opportunities for fun when they present themselves. And to me, I'd rather have them get soaking wet playing in the rain than causing trouble elsewhere after school. I've learned to pick and choose my battles. :)

~Natalie