Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Makeup: To Wear or Not to Wear?

Last week the GRLZ 4 Change program learned a little bit more about makeup. The goal was to get the girls thinking critically about their own feelings about make-up, to explore appropriate makeup application for their age and to understand that there's a time and place for makeup. Program Assistants Bri and Dani made games for the girls and fun prizes included lip gloss and eyelash curlers! Read on to see their thoughts on makeup:

"What we learned today in GRLZ 4 Change was about makeup and our faces. My favorite makeup is mascara because it will make my eyelashes look longer, but I don't wear makeup. :) My motto: Keeping it simple will make you look pretty!" ~Caitlin

"Today in GRLZ 4 Change we got makeup and nail things as well and I had fun. I don't like makeup because it makes me look like a clown!" ~Jasmine
"I learned when to use makeup and how to apply it on my face. My favorite type of makeup is MAC. I like makeup because it makes me feel pretty! It's okay for girls our age to wear makeup because we are becoming young adults and we need to know information about makeup." ~Jahcianna
"I learned that there is a lot to makeup. I don't like to wear makeup though. People my age should not wear makeup because I think it doesn't look good. I had fun today anyways!" ~Gabby

"I learned that mascara and eye liner are the most important makeup! I feel that its good to wear makeup only to special events so that you look pretty." ~Arii